Asian cuisine,

Ready to Iwok

10:37 UrbanModish 0 Comments

Eating healthy is more of a necessity than a passing fad. A lot of people try and make healthy food as interesting as possible as the eyes taste the food even before we put it in our mouth. Healthy food need not always be bland food or loads of green vegetables thrown into a salad. Healthy food can be just as tasty and appealing  as compared to the not so healthy version.

I was invited to review 'Ready to Iwok' , and being someone who loves Asian food, I couldn't resist.




Ready to Iwok is an Asian fast food concept that serves healthy food cooked in less oil. Their food is also free of MSG. Ready to Iwok is a tiny restaurant located in Dubai Marina. Judging by the place, it seems to be a popular takeaway and home delivery joint.

The menu is very simple (phew), I always get confused between what to choose. Their menu doesn't offer many choices, but it's enough to not waste one's time.




You can customize your order in three steps:

Step 1: Choose your base
You can select between a variety of bases. From their popular egg noodles and Udon noodles, to buckwheat, vegetable mix, jasmine rice, quinoa etc

Step 2: Choose your Ingredients and toppings

Their are options for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. From shrimp, calamari, mushroom, beef, chicken to broccoli, tofu, bean sprouts etc and topping like peanuts, fried onions, sesame seeds etc

Step 2: Choose your sauce

You can always try your sauce. My favourite is the Korean chilli from garlic sauce, oyster sauce etc.

The sauce isn't too spicy, especially if you are used to having spicy Indian food, you can ask them to spice up the sauce.

I ordered Buckwheat noodles, with shrimp, calamari, broccoli, tofu and topped with peanuts in Korean chilli sauce. Along with that we ordered hot and sour chicken soup.






My noodles was served in a takeaway box, and the steam that hits your face when you open the box is on another level of gastronomical delight. I loved my noodles, it was tasty and fresh and just divine. The tofu, shrimp, calamari were perfectly cooked and the broccoli had just the right amount of crunch.

We were also given fortune cookies which was a blast from the past of sorts, and I thoroughly loved breaking it open to reveal my fortune.





Both me and my husband didn't like the soup that much. I would go again only for the noodles and for the fortune cookies.



Watch the full Video HERE



Details
Meal for two: Dh 80
Location
Behind Pearl hotel apartments, Dubai
Timing: 11am to 11pm 


You Might Also Like

0 comments: