Food,

Masala Pot

13:49 UrbanModish 0 Comments

For an Indian, food is cooked with dollops of love and sprinkled with masala's. They are all stirred together and magic is served on plates. Every morsel bursts with flavors that take you to a land of foodness (not a typo). 







When I was invited for food tasting at Masala Pot, my expectations were of similar nature, since they catered to Indian and chinese cuisine  I looked forward to a gastronomical treat, The first thing that you tend to notice is how your food is served. The way it looks definitely alters your thinking and taste buds. At Masala Pot, they took care of both quality and taste.

We walked in to an ever smiling staff who ensured we were well served and comfortable.

As soon as were seated, we were asked about our preference, spice levels etc. We were suggested to try their Chinese cuisine and we readily agreed.

We started off with a mocktail aptly named Pinky Moon. It was refreshing and just the amount of sweetness. Pinky moon was a blend of fresh grapes, vanilla ice cream, ice and sugar. It was thick and yum.






As soon as we were comfortably settled in with the mocktail, we were served Broccoli soup. The only place I ever loved broccoli soup was Jazz by the bay, and now I have another favorite at Masala Pot. The soup was creamy and had you could easily taste all the elements - ginger, garlic, onion, green chilly, broccoli, spring onions, pepper were all in the right amount. It was literally soul food.




The soup was cleared and we were served with Lemon coriander chicken. I particularly, am not someone who likes the taste of coriander powder. So for me the dish wasn't all that amazing. However, I loved the way it was presented and I did like the subtle taste of lemon and capsicum.




We were then served Veg. Hakka noodles, Chicken fried rice and Hanan fish gravy. I loved the noodles, the vegetables were fresh and crispy just the way I like it. The fried rice did taste a little too much of soya sauce which wasn't something I particularly enjoy. However the Hanan fish gravy was just the best ever. The fish was perfectly cooked, the gravy was just perfect. It was a mouth watering curry, and I just couldn't stop eating it.






I always love concluding every meal with a nice dessert and we opted for Gudbud. Yes it sounds pretty off, but I loved the way our server described it to us, and we opted for it. I loved the way it was served. It was just so beautiful to eat. I loved the bit where you could munch in to crispy cornflakes, coupled with chocolate sauce and dry fruits.




Overall it was a wonderful spread. 

The food coupled with the service and ambiance makes it a must- visit joint. Don't forget to order Pinky moon.

Details:

Meal for two: Dhs 100

Location: 

Meena Bazaar,




I was invited to Masala Pot and all views and images are © Urbanmodish, unless stated otherwise.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: